Panga.tv is a Punjabi 'Indie' production house, the first & only one of its kind. Our mission is to provide up-and-coming Punjabi artists with all the necessary resources to develop high-quality TV shows. We are based out of Surrey, BC with industry partners across the world.
We work more like a Startup Incubator than a traditional film production company, as we follow a unique 5-step approach:
- Aspiring artists (scriptwriters, directors, actors, etc.) are encouraged to form a team with the necessary personnel to produce a short TV series. We offer assistance to fill in any critical gaps on an ad-hoc basis.
- Each team is required to submit a script, individual member profiles, sample work, and any additional information (preferred filming location, specific production requirements, etc).
- We setup a face-to-face interview with each team to determine if we will be a good fit together.
- Selected teams are provided resources (studio space, filming & editing equipment, production expenses, etc) to film a 5-10min pilot show.
- The pilots that standout the most are given the opportunity to put together a short TV series of 5-10 episodes.
Our resource commitment ranges from $10k - $50k per series, including post-release promotional efforts. Outside of the financial investment, we have broad experience and in-depth knowledge of Punjabi cinema that we can leverage as needed.
Revenue generated through ads & subscription is distributed with the artists on a pre-determined basis. The split is usually 50:50, but it could vary depending on the project.